Music Literacy Level Testing
In order to mark "Passed," you must achieve 100% accuracy, no skipped questions, and finish in 1 minute or less the amount of questions required by each level. If you don't achieve this, you should mark "Attempted."
1. Use the red practice area below to prepare for the various tested levels of music literacy.
2. Click on the level that you want to attempt. It will take you to www.musictheory.net where your music literacy will be tested.
3. When you have finished, click the "i" in the upper right hand corner, then click SHOW PROGRESS REPORT.
4. Type your Name and Level attempted, and hit SIGN. This generates a unique verification code for your score.
5. Copy and paste the verification code into the SUMBISSION FORM at the bottom of the page, filling in the Name/Choir/Level fields, check the box indicating whether you passed the level or were attempting it, and hit SUBMIT.
In order to progress throughout the following levels of music literacy, you must complete each level with 100% accuracy in 1 minute or less WITHOUT SKIPPING a question.
Note Name Identification in both clefs-NO SKIPS
Level 1 - 10 of 10
Level 2 - 20 of 20
Major Key Signature Identification in both clefs-NO SKIPS
Level 3 - 10 of 10
Level 4 - 20 of 20
Major Solfége Identification in both clefs-NO SKIPS
Level 5 - 10 of 10
Level 6 - 20 of 20
Minor Key Signature Identification in both clefs-NO SKIPS
Level 7 - 10 of 10
Level 8 - 20 of 20
Minor Solfége Identification in both clefs-NO SKIPS
Level 9 - 10 of 10
Level 10 - 20 of 20
Note Name Identification
Bass Clef (with helpers)
Key Signature Identification